200 years #believeinyourself
Working at Erste Bank means working together on the future of us all: our customers, our company, each individual.
This takes to believe in yourself and the people around you; as well as to meet others with respect, empathy and understanding of diverse life stories.
Back-End Software Engineer for Web and Blockchain Solutions (f/m/d)
Erste Group IT International (EG IT INT) is the IT service provider of Erste Group, supplying solutions to all entities. It provides development, implementation and integration as well as operation of group-wide solutions. Aimed at offering the best service at the best price, EG IT INT plays a key strategic role within Erste Group.
Our team delivers and runs Erste Group’s web portals and content management system, serving more than 200 web portals and several web applications throughout the markets Erste Group is present. The team of requirements engineers, project managers, quality assurance professionals and software engineers closely collaborate with different business units, with one common goal in mind: Allow Erste Group and its local banks to offer a consistent and engaging user experience on their web portals and applications for their customers and anyone who is looking to become one.
For the purpose of advancing our Blockchain based web application Dealfabrix, we seek a software engineer, who teams up with our experts that build engaging web applications and portals, from the conception through implementation and testing, to seeing the product live in action. You’ll implement scalable, high-performance microservices and chaincode with the help of modern technologies, support and coach team members and inspire them with your passion for technology.
What you bring to the team
- Hands-on experience with Blockchain technologies and frameworks, particularly Hyperledger Fabric, are considered a significant bonus
- Strong interest in other and alternative technologies, frameworks and approaches
- A collaboration mindset with the drive to work in an agile team, collaborating closely with business, engineers and developers
- Understanding of the value of TDD and BDD as a way to deliver software of higher quality
- The ability to express your values and opinions, articulating them in fluent English
We are looking for someone who
How we support your success
- plays well in a team and has strong analytical and solution oriented thinking
- takes responsibility, committing her/himself to the team’s goals and going the extra mile
- is open-minded and acknowledges different perspectives and opinions.
- grows from feedback and enjoys learning
- welcomes being challenged and respectfully challenges colleagues
- is motivated by sharing experience, giving feedback and supporting team members
- sees a programming language/framework as a tool to get a certain job done
- We are a team of experienced software engineers, who love to exchange ideas and push their own boundaries as well as those of the environment.
- We are open-minded, challenging the status-quo and our own as well as others’ ideas, assuring that we do the right thing
- We put people first, caring for your personal well-being and actively supporting your personal development
- We believe that empowering people to do their job well gives the best results, and therefore provide you with everything you need to get your job done
- We provide the environment for you to thrive, allowing you to learn from others as well as being able to weight in your experience, knowledge and interests
- We support conference visits and provide opportunities to make your expertise and dedication visible, with plenty of benefits on top
A competitive and performance-related salary dependent on your professional and personal qualifications is granted - the minimum wage for this position in accordance with the respective collective agreement is EUR 41.706,-- gross per year.
The way we are
As an employee of George Labs or Erste Group IT, the success of our people is more than a motto, it’s our manifest. We nurture a work environment where age, skin colour, gender, sexual orientation and cultural background are seen as the key to our success – we live diversity!
If you’ve got this far
It seems we have your interest. If you think you are a good fit for this position, please get in touch with us, we’d love to catch up.
Degree of Employment: Full-Time
Primary Location: Vienna
Follow us on: